Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Today's new D adventure!

T0day began as an ordinary day off and routine. I got a message that my new Diabetic shoes were ready in Knoxville. I then got an invitation to lunch with a friend and colleague. So, I drove to Knoxville and checked on my shoes. They were the wrong size (size 10 1/2) and I wear a 8 1/2. They are going to order new shoes and modify those. I had lunch with my colleague. We ate at a Peruvian restaurant which just opened. Not a good choice. Our stomachs ached and digestion wasn't good. I also had swollen hip and knee joints from 4 days of adventure. I visited my friendly nurse practioner and got a Toradol injection and a steroid shot. Not the best thing for blood sugars. But neither is extreme pain. I plan on resting up. I also had an allergic reaction to lunch. Turns out to have had guacamole. Not a fine day.

2 comments:

marc said...

HEY I JUST MET IN YOU IN THE REHAB CLINIC. MY WIFE READS YOUR BLOG.

-MARC

KentT said...

Hi Marc,

Enjoyed meeting you. Hope your days are successful and well. Hope O is fine and bloodsugars are great. Mine have been good!